This is the page where formal requests for bureaucratship are recorded and archived. Bureaucrats are users who can add rollback, sysop and bureaucrat flags to other users, and remove rollback and sysop flags. On Naruto/Avatar Wiki, all bureaucrats also hold a sysop flag.
Currently, requests for bureaucratship are closed.
There are concrete requirements for a user to be a bureaucrat. Bureaucrats must:
- have at least 500 edits
- Have worked on the wiki for at least 6 months
- Users must have 50 edits and be a regular contributor for a month to be able to vote or nominate.
- Users who have been absent for extended periods of time (3 months or more) will be considered as "new users" for the purposes of RfB and must make 50 edits and be contributor for a further month before voting.
- Users must have adminship to be able to be made a bureaucrat.
Stage 1: NominatingEdit
- Users may not nominate themselves for bureaucratship. Users must be nominated by another user. The user then has to accept the nomination.
- Users may not nominate each other (e.g. A can't nominate B and B nominate A in the same RfB)
- There will only be one request at a time. A decision will be made on the current request (change/no change) before the next request is considered.
Stage 2: VotingEdit
- Users may vote in support, be neutral, or oppose the bureaucratship nomination. Users must provide a reason behind their position.
- Everyone's vote counts as one vote. Admins do not hold extra power.
- The vote will last for two weeks.
- At the end of the two weeks, a bureaucrat will determine whether consensus has been reached. This means that bureaucrat requests require at least a two-thirds support rate to pass. Strength of argument is more important than the number of votes.